If you are new in the world of blogging, you don’t have any knowledge about how to start a blog or still, you are curious about how to start a blog that makes money online. I promise, now you will not be confused about this problem after reading this amazing article, because you are in the right place now.
Okay, so let’s ignore your surrounded disturbance, forget everything for some time, and concentrate here with a positive mindset.
Before getting enter in the world of blogging, you should have to think and ask yourself.
- When you should start your blog/website?
- What is the reason to start a blog/website?
- What will be the target and goal of your blog/website?
My answer to these above question is: You should start your blog now without wasting your time because it’s being more competitive day by day. The main reason for starting a blog of many people is Money, Fame, Sharing your knowledge, Passion, etc. The target of your blog should be according to yourself, where you get your result and happiness.
So, Now without wasting our time let’s dive into the world of blogging.
Very firstly a stepwise overview of starting a blog.
6 Easy Steps to Start a Blog & Make Money Online
Step 1: Pick a Niche (Topic)
Step 2: Domain Registration
Step 3: Buy a Hosting
Step 4: Install & Setup CMS (WordPress)
Step 5: Install & Setup Essential Plugins
Step 6: Setup Blog Design
The complete stepwise in details guide for starting a blog and make money online is from here.
Step 1: Pick a Niche (Topic)
The main essential thing before starting a blog is picking a good profitable niche.
Mostly newbie bloggers start their blog without identifying their interest and comfortable topic and, at last, they quit. Because they are unable to deliver valuable and quality content on the site.
What niche you should pick for your blog?
So, Very first identify your blogging topic in which you are interested and comfortable to deliver the quality content to visitors and solve their problems without any failure.
Tips for picking a niche for your blog
- Don’t go for the whole topic in a single blog.
- Pick a micro-niche.
- Pick a profitable niche.
- Less competition niche.
After picking the niche for your blog, let’s move on to the next step.
Step 2: Domain Name Registration
The domain name will be your blog/website name, by this everyone will identify your website. So, let’s choose a domain name for your blog/website.
Example of the domain name is as google.com, facebook.com, youtube.com, wikipedia.com, etc.
Important tips for choosing a domain name
- Unique Name: Uniqueness is always perfect at everywhere, So pick a unique domain name for your blog that looks brandable and catchy.
- Short & Simple Name: Picking a short domain name is good for easily remember and type.
- Prefer .com domain: The domain name with .com is always great because it’s easy to rank everywhere in the world with the most popular and top-level domain ability.
- Related to your niche: Try to choose the domain name that related to your niche, because it gives a sound to connect with your niche.
- Avoid adjacent double or triple letter and digits in a domain name like 22feet.com, how2run.com, 10ten.com, mmman.com, fasttricks.com, moviezz.com, etc.
After choosing the domain name for your website with the applied of the above tips. Now let’s buy/register that domain name on the registrant company like godaddy.com, namecheap.com, bigrock.com, etc according to your choice.
Many websites in the market offer domain registration, but my suggestion is to go with godaddy.com because it’s global popularity, supports an extra add on features.
Here is the example of domain name registration on the godaddy.com.
Step 3: Buy a Web Hosting
After successfully buy your domain name, now the main things to do is buy hosting from a good web hosting provider that’s fast, secure and reliable.
The main purpose of buy hosting is to store your website data online on the server, from where all over the world access your website.
Remember these important tips before buying a web hosting
- Plans: There are different types of hosting plans that offer only single, double, triple and unlimited websites too. So, go for multiple or unlimited websites plan, if you want to host more than one website in the future.
- Storage: The storage is the main resource to host any website because every website needs a lot of data to store the files like image, video, text file, etc. So, try to go for unlimited storage.
- Bandwidth: The bandwidth is a technical term that defines the total number of visitors handle on your site. So, always go for unlimited bandwidth.
- Database: If you are planning to host more than one website, then go for unlimited databases. Otherwise, the limited database is enough for a single website.
- Backup: The backup is the most essential thing for any website to keep data safe from accidentally deleted, hacked, lost and damaged.
- SSL Certificate: To secure the website, SSL Certificate is very important for any website.
- Support & Service: Good support & service be always great for any customer to easily solve their problem.
- Server Location: The server location of the hosting provider also matters. If you are targetting your visitors from any individual country, then you should choose the hosting server from their nearest server location. As an example, If you are targeting your visitors from the USA, then you should go for the server location which situated in USA or nearest to them.
- Scalability: The capacity to handle the changes in your website.
- Easy to Access: A good admin control panel or dashboard for easily managed the stuff of the website.
Let’s get ready to buy hosting with the above important tips keeping in mind.
Okay, So as per the above important tips, my recommendation is A2Hosting.
Simple steps to buy a hosting plan on A2Hosting
My suggestion is to go with the shared hosting plan because it’s cheaper and will be enough for the new sites.
Step II: Just click on the shared or WordPress hosting to choose the plans according to your need.
They have different types of hosting options according to the needs as well.
Step III: Select the SWIFT or Turbo plan according to your budget.
After clicking on the shared or WordPress hosting, You will get the view like these three plans as LITE, SWIFT, and TURBO.
My recommendation is to go for SWIFT or TURBO plan because they have the ability of unlimited amount of websites hosting, unlimited database, unlimited storage, Unlimited bandwidth and faster than LITE plan as well.
Step IV: Select the option ” I will use my existing domain and update my nameserver” if you already register your domain name.
Step V: Select the billing cycle for a minimum of 12 months.
Step VI: Scroll Down for your WordPress login credentials.
Step VII: Enter your personal details and billing information to checkout.
After entering your personal and billing information, Just select your preferred method of payment.
Step VIII: Everything is okay, Now click on the “Complete Order” to review & Checkout.
Now, Just click on the “Checkout” button to payment and complete your order successfully.
Step 4: Install and Setup WordPress
After successfully installed WordPress on your hosting server, you will see the WordPress login page like as below.
Just enter your username and password which given by A2Hosting during completing your order.
Or, If you are using another hosting provider, then you will also get the login credentials of WordPress during installation.
Your WordPress login URL will be: http://your-domain-name.com/wp-admin
Here just replace your domain name at the place of “your-domain-name” in above line URL.
Step 5: Install & Setup Essential Plugins
WordPress is a CMS which have a ton of plugins available on their store.
This is some plugins that are very essential to install for your new blog.
The cache plugin is very important for the blog. It generates static HTML page of the website, that helps to reduce the load time of server and speed up the loading time of the website.
There is some widely used free cache plugin on WordPress are listed below:
- W3 Total Cache: This is the most downloaded cache plugin for WordPress website. This helps to improve the user experience of the site by increasing website performance, reducing load time and more things like minifying and compression.
- WP Super Cache: WP Super Cache is another popular cache plugin with over a million downloads. It’s run by Automattic that is owned by WordPress.com.
SEO Plugin is also the most important plugin for your WordPress website.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugin helps to improve and increase the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine.
So, The some SEO plugin that’s amazing for the WordPress websites are listed below.
- Yoast SEO: The number one SEO plugin for WordPress websites over 5 million downloads. It offers so many essential features for the website, that help for improvement in the website’s search engine optimization.
- Rankmath: This is the fastest-growing WordPress SEO plugin with complete SEO modules without any charge.
Nobody wants to lose their website, because of present time thousands of websites getting hacked daily by the brute force, multiple login attempts, and viruses.
So, To prevent the website form the hackers and viruses, you should just install the plugins as below.
- Loginizer: This is the free plugin which helps you fight against a brute-force attack by blocking login for the IP after it reaches maximum retries allowed. You can blacklist or whitelist IPs for login using Loginizer. You can use various other features like Two Factor Auth, reCAPTCHA, PasswordLess Login, etc. to improve the security of your website.
- Wordfence: The Wordfence is also a popular security plugin, which provides free enterprise-class WordPress security, protecting your website from hacks and malware.
Step 6: Setup Blog Design
Till now, everything has been done perfectly, but the design of the website also matters to attract the visitors on your site.
So, Design a perfect and eye-catching look for your website, because of that matters for the visitors and the search engine optimization.
Let’s find a perfect theme for your website from the “Appearance>Theme>Add New” section of your WordPress site dashboard.
The important things you should keep in mind to design your website.
- Beautiful looks and design.
- Perfect website structure.
- Fast loading page.
- Unique and attractive logo.
Your website setup is almost done!
But wait a moment! Few things have to do immediately after this, that is also very important for any website or blog.
Basic and Important Things to Do After Setup a Blog
B. Review of General Setting
C. Add Important Pages
- About Us
- Contact Us
D. Create Official Page on Social Media Platform
- LinkedIn etc.
E. Configure SEO Plugin
The proper configuration of SEO plugin according to the requirement.
You can try any one plugin like Yoast SEO or Rankmath, both are great with their efficient SEO feature.
F. Submit Sitemap to Google Search Console
The reason for submitting website sitemap to the Google Search Console is to live your website’s post on the google search page.
G. Add Google Analytics code
Add google analytics code in the head of the website is the correct way.
The main reason for adding the Google Analytics Code is for tracking the website visitors.
Voila! Now everything basic and important things have been done properly.
Okay, Now Let’s start writing your amazing blog post and monetize it with different types of resources like Adsense, media.net, affiliate marketing, sponsor, etc.